Propane Uses for Every Season
Spring is finally here, and after another cold and snowy end to the winter season, homeowners in the Greater Hartford, CT, area are really looking forward to the warm weather. If you used propane to heat your home this winter, you already understand the benefits of the fuel, with its high efficiency, low cost, and clean-burning properties. The good news is that you don’t have to say goodbye to propane outside of the heating season. You can carry those same benefits over by using propane in various ways during the warm-weather months.
This safe and versatile fuel is able power a wide variety of home appliances—both indoors and outside! Here are just a few of the many uses of propane for your home.
Indoor Propane Appliances
- Water Heaters: Lower operating costs, higher efficiencies, and a continuous supply of hot water are just a few benefits of a high-efficiency propane water heater compared to its electric counterpart.
- Cooking Appliances: Unlike electric stoves that take time to warm up, gas flames provide instantaneous heat and even temperature distribution to your cookware.
- Clothes Dryers: Propane-fired clothes dryers quickly and efficiently reach the desired heat temperature setting faster than electric models.
- Fireplaces: Propane fireplaces are simple to start, inexpensive to run, and easy to maintain.
- Backup Generators: In no-power situations, keep your lights on, your indoor temperature stable, and your appliances running. No more scrambling to get bags of ice to keep your food from spoiling!
Outdoor Propane Appliances
- Gas Grills: Quick start-up, on-demand temperature control, and even heat distribution will have you cooking al fresco every night. Even in the winter!
- Outdoor Fireplaces: Who says fireplaces are for the cold weather only? Enjoy the warmth and coziness of a fire while sitting among lightening bugs and crickets on a cool summer’s eve.
- Fire Pits: Invoke all the joys of camping in your own backyard—without the hassle of dealing with smoke and soot from burning logs.
- Patio Space Heaters: Linger over dinners on your deck or patio. Propane space heaters provide consistent heating to keep you comfortable no matter the temperature outside.
- Pool, Hot Tub, and Spa Heaters: Propane heaters are less expensive than their electric counterparts, and can reach and maintain the desired water temperature more efficiently. And let’s face it—NO ONE likes getting into cold water!
Discover the many benefits of propane in your home. Contact Arbor Energy today to learn about our propane services and to discuss options that are right for your family and budget.